Yahoo Sponsored Search emailed me the email below. They are basically saying they went into my Yahoo paid search account and made changes to it. After they made the changes (that is my main complaint), they emailed me about the changes and informed me about their new program.
They added a couple of new ads and new campaigns (with new budgets). One of the ads had a promotion code in it. That code expires. Were they going to keep checking when the code expired and then pause the ad or leave it running so people would click and not buy because the promo was over (either way, Yahoo gets paid).
So, what new program? The program where Yahoo goes into customers accounts:
1. Not knowing conversion data so they do not know which terms are actually generating income and which are not
2. Not knowing the products, margins, or inventory of the products you are selling
3. Yahoo tries to increase clicks, increasing my costs, and generating more revenue for Yahoo – Huge conflict of interest!
4. Plays with the account owners money without prior approval
5. Not knowing any restrictions that the account owner may have with merchants and manufacturers as far as terms they are allowed to use for ad copy or bid placement restrictions.
What would be the difference if I had money in a bank savings account and a bank stock broker, that I do not know, went into my savings account and bought some stock, using that money, without knowing my investment portfolio, diversification needs or retirement goals. Then after he bought the stock, emails me and to tell me what they did with MY money.
I would like to hear from others and your feelings about this new program. Here is the email:
Yahoo! is committed to the success of account “account name” and we believe there is an opportunity to provide you with improved performance.
To help you save time and get the most out of your campaigns, we are launching a new automatic account optimization program. It’s intended to help raise the performance of accounts that are experiencing issues like low quality scores, low lead volume or low click-through rates.
And the best part is, we will do the work for you: Our content developers will use their search advertising experience to help your marketing dollars go further.
What we will keep an eye out for:
– Search ads with low click-through rates relative to competitors
– Ad testing not in use? missing an opportunity to optimize ad copy
– Ad groups that have a quality index score of 2 or lower
How we can help:
– Create new ads for existing ad groups, enabling ad testing
– Write multiple versions of ads for any new ad groups we create, enabling the use of ad testing to help ensure that the best-performing ads are displayed more often
– Search our database for keywords that can drive more targeted traffic to your site
In short, our goal is to make sure that your account is firing on all cylinders–and do this while keeping your existing keywords and without exceeding your spending limits!
As always, you are in control of your account. If we make any optimization changes to your account through this program, we will notify you by email, and you can let us know whether the account changes are positively affecting your account. Also, you are welcome to contact your account manager to review, edit or ask us to reverse any of the changes. Finally, if you do not wish to participate in this program, you may opt out by contacting your account manager.
We’ve identified keywords and ads in your account that are significantly underperforming, and we’ve initiated the changes to the creatives that you will find attached.
We are very excited about this new program, and hope it will provide you with improved performance and a higher level of service. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
I highly recommend everyone immediately contacts their account manager, or clicks the contact link in their account, and lets Yahoo know that you do not want to be part of this program.